Pop Goes The World

[Disclaimer: This website does not reflect the views of Georgia State University] Pop Goes the World was a show made for 24 hour party people! It was a show devoted to pop music of the 80's to the present! Where you could Join J-J-Jenny every Friday from 6-8pm on WRAS Atlanta Album88 (88.5 fm) for the best in brit pop, indie pop, synth pop, italodisco, freestyle and ladies of the 80's! This show was so bad it was rad!!!

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Happy New Year!



This is definitely going to be a good year for Pop Goes the World because the show has a NEW time slot. So plan on tuning in around 6-8pm on Friday for your weekly dose of brit pop, synth pop, new wave, italo disco, and 80's ladies who are so bad they're rad!!!

I wanted to address a few questions I get asked quite frequently whether it be when I'm at the station or through email.

1. How old are you?
Surprisingly I'm only 24

2. How do you know so much about 80's music?
I have super cool parents and two older siblings that taught me at a very young age to appreciate classic rock and retro alternative. I started collecting records very young too.

3. Where do you find your music?
There are many places where I go to find my music. Of course there are the standard record stores and thrift stores around town. Learn to love the .50 cent record bins because they are your friend! And you can judge the record by it's cover. First I look for awesome haircuts and outfits or for dated 80's graphic design. Also check the notes for producers and band members. You might be surprised what you may find. There are two great websites to find rare out of print records. They are
www.gemm.com and www.mp3fiesta.com

If you have any more questions and they are nice and appropriate I will totally respond.

Also here is your fashion tip of the month. A good dj set will always match your outfit!

xo

J-J-Jenny